The Short Social World Competition is the section of the ITALIAN MOVIE AWARD © 2016 (8th edition), dedicated to short films made in the world of social issues. Participation is free. Will welcome Italian and foreign short films (maximum 15 minutes), dealing with social issues, made from 2014 to 2016 and sent to the festival by 3 June 2016. The works will therefore treat such topics: bullying; peace; migration; integration; diversity; knowledge; road safety; environment; Combating violence against women, alcoholism, gambling and other social issues.
The Short Social World Competition is organized with the Bronze Medals of the Presidency of the Italian Republic, the Italian Senate and the Italian Chamber of Deputies; the Ministry of Heritage and Culture and Tourism of the Campania Region, the accession of the Campania Region Film Commission and the collaboration with the Naples Cinema School and the General Association of Performing Arts School, the Coordination of Campania Region Film Festivals
Jury President of Quality for the third consecutive year, Dr. Prof. Antonio Giordano (author of the white book “Campania Land of Poisons” and the book “Rubbish State” with journalist Paolo Chiariello SKYTG24, director of the Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine in Philadelphia, President of the Scientific Committee of the Human Health Foundation Onlus, a professor of anatomy and histology Pathology at the Department of Medicine, Surgery and the Neurosciences Laboratory of Biomedical Technology and Experimental Oncology, University of Siena).
In addition, the works will be voted by the jury also made by participants at the Italian Movie © MasterClass (students aged 18 to 40 years), called “Student Jury”.
The festival is a founding member of the Coordination of Campania Region Film Festivals and is held in partnership with the Rome Independent Film Festival, Film Fest Llapi Kosovo, Albania Fier Apolonia Student Film Festival, Toko Film Festival Award Fabula, Polla In Short.
At the festival in 2016 were received in pre-selection, more than 400 works from around the world. A panel of experts selected 11 finalists, deemed worthy in terms of technical, cultural and artistic views, and especially to the topics covered. In the list of participants to the final phase of the nations are represented: Italy, Germany, Spain, Egypt, United Kingdom, Netherlands and Russia.
Below is the list of courts in OFFICIAL SELECTION 2016:
- 1) TANTALUM by JOHANNES RICHARD VOELKEL (Germany – 5 min)
- 2) RABIE CHETWY by MOHAMED KAMEL (Egypt – 15min)
- 3) AMOR A DIOSS by JAVIER VALENZUELA (Spain – 5 min)
- 4) MY AWESOME SONOROUS LIFE by GIORDANO TORREGIANI ( Italy – 7 min)
- 5) RISKY GAME by STEFAN PLEPP & CHRISTINE KABISCH (Germany – 11 min)
- 6) ACABO DE TENER UN SUEÑO By JAVIER NAVARRO MONTERO (Spain – 7 min)
- 7) ALL THERE IS by JEROEN MOURMANS (Netherlands – 6 min)
- 8) I AM SAMI by KAE BAHAR (United Kingdom – 15 min)
- 9) BLACK COMEDY by LUIGI PANE (Italy – 14 min)
- 10) MY GRANDFATHER WAS A CHERRY TREE by O.POLIEKTOVA & T. POLIEKTOVA (Rus. – 12 min)
- 11) THE POSTMODERN PIONEER PLAQUE by BORIS KOZLOV (Spain – 8 min)
See you at the festival in 2016 August 1 to 7 in Pompeii!